Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

6 Month Protective Styling Challenge Check-in (Wk 1)

Completed week 1! ::Pats on the back::

Congrats to everyone who is on this challenge with me.  ::Big hugs::

This week has been pretty laid back as it relates to my hair.  I wore my wig this entire week except on Monday, so my hair manipulation was very minimal. I sported second week old box braids underneath my wig and could not WAIT to clarify my hair and really cleanse it after experimenting with shea butter this week.

I am back in my box braids and ready to wig it for week number 2! Click the post title to view my week 1 video update.

Questions for you:
  • How did your first week go?
  • Did you find did you find it easy or difficult to get into protective styling mode? 
  • What are you plans for next week?

2 comments:

  1. Nice start!:) I'm starting my one year protective styling challenge in the beginning of june!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really inspired that I can grow my hair from looking at your pictures. I would like to join your 6 month challenge.Do you think I should trim my hair before I start the challenge? If so, how do I trim my ends without pressing my hair? The only way I know how to trim my hair is to press it then trim. The reason I'm concerned about this is because I want my hair to grow during the challenge and I'm not sure if my ends would hinder the process. Two weeks ago I pressed my hair and I burned some of the ends of my hair. So that's why I was asking about the trim. Thank you for your time in advance. :)

    ReplyDelete