Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

Enjoying the Day With Z!

I am just popping in real quick to let you know that I wore my box braids out in public! WOW!  I never thought I would ever wear them out but they actually looked decent WITH a headband. I didn't take any shots from the back but I pretty much have my braids secured with my ouchless flex barrette and pinned under into a bun with my mini Goody's Spin Pin. Here is us before heading out for the afternoon.


I wet my braids today while in the shower to re-moisturize my hair. I decided to try something different by sealing the moisture in my hair with some whipped shea butter I made today (will do a post on how I made my whipped shea butter mix). I really like the whipped texture of the shea butter and how it easily glides over my hair and skin. So yeah, I want to see what difference the shea butter will make in my hair's moisture retention.

I will keep you posted! Oh, I have to show you some shots of Z's hairstyle for the week in a post soon.  I think I finally found a style that is longer lasting and can stay neat for a while without me having to do something with it everyday. :)

Take care everyone and I hope you all are having a great Monday!

Be blessed and BE.YOU.Always!

Mommy Sidenote: Z finally pooped in the potty today ALL by herself.  It is funny but whenever she goes to the potty, she usually likes her privacy to do what she has to do (pee-pee mainly).  I have to stand right outside the door and wait to see if she actually pees (and she does!!!). She knows how to go to the bathroom, pull her pull up/big girl's undies down, step up on her stool, sit on her potty seat on the big toilet (we didn't do the kiddy potty), and pee.  I am so proud of her!  Hopefully we will say so long to the diapers/pull ups before her 2nd birthday in June.  ::Fingers crossed:: :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment