Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

I Just HAD to Last Night!

I couldn't take it any longer! My hair was greasy, heavy, and dull from using my whipped shea butter recipe on my hair earlier this week to seal moisture in my hair.  So I went on to clarify my hair last night instead of Saturday as planned.  Here are the products and steps I took to cleanse and detangle my hair:

I rinsed my 8 box braids in the shower and proceeded to clarify, wash, condition, and detangle one section at a time. I clarified my hair with the Curls' Pure Curls Clarifying Shampoo. I applied a tablespoon on the shampoo into an 8 oz squirt bottle and filled the bottle up with water. I shook the bottle and applied the diluted mixture at the scalp of each section to really get my scalp clean. I "massaged" my scalp (hair confession #1) then cleansed the rest of the section with the mixture as it ran down the length of my hair. 
I followed up with the Shea Moisture's Moisture Retention Shampoo. I don't believe it was a necessary step to use this shampoo following clarifying my hair but since I used a diluted form of the clarifying shampoo, I wanted to make sure my hair was cleanse from the shea butter and any other build-up from the past 6 weeks. I do know one thing, my hair feel very moisturized after using the moisture retention shampoo as usual. Plus I felt better after getting a little sudsy action from the cleansing. :)

After rinsing out the shampoo from my hair, I applied my staple Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner.  This product is the business! I love the texture of this conditioner. The tangles instantly melted away after applying the conditioner and detangling each section from tip to root with my modified Denman brush. Once I completed detangling my hair, I twisted the section and went on to the next section, starting at step 1 with the clarifying shampoo. After finishing all the sections of my hair, I rinsed my hair with the twists in to prevent my hair from re-tangling once I got out the shower.

Once I got out, I applied a MODIFIED modified version of the Kimmaytube leave-in conditioner.  Instead of using the Kinky Curly Knot Today as the creamy base, I used the Shea Moisture's Curl and Style Milk.  I originally used the same measurements I would when making the original version but when I did, the mixture was too soupy. Therefore, I added another half ounce of the style milk to the mixture to "thicken" it up.  It made it a little better but was not as thick as the Knot Today version. However, I did not want to add anymore product to this version I was making and went ahead to use it as is on my hair.

My conclusion to the MODIFIED modified version of the leave-in is that it did not leave my hair feeling as moisturized as the Knot Today version. I felt it was extra greasy (must me something between my hair and this shea butter ingredient...IDK) considering the fact that this mixture was not even super thick. Sighs. I am really trying with this product line to make it work for my hair as a leave-in I can use along with aloe vera juice, which is what help closes the cuticles after being lifted open by water. I will modified some of these products a little more to see what I can achieve but I REALLY miss my Knot Today version of the leave-in recipe...

But on a LIGHTER note, my hair is CLEAN! :)

Hope you enjoyed this post and hope you have a wonderful Friday!

Until next time,

BE.YOU.Always!

1 comment:

  1. When I use shea butter, it makes my hair feel greasy as well. For a leave-in, I use:

    1/2 tbsp of shea butter
    1/2 tbsp of water
    1 tbsp of glycerin
    2 tbsp of aloe vera
    2 tsp of any oil
    2 tsp of another oil

    It makes it less greasy.

    ReplyDelete