Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

White Toddler Wants To Be "Brown Like Beyonce"--Your Thoughts?

I saw this posted on Beads Braids and Beyond's blog who found this off Black Girl with Long Hair's blog. I thought I would share it with you all and see what your thoughts are. This is the first time I have ever seen the beauty role reversed. How about you?



In a way, it is refreshing to see a child of another race (and of such a young age) express such appreciation for the beauty of the African-American rich skin color. However, it is kind of upsetting because she should see her skin color just as beautiful.

Do you think the young toddler's mother has a role in how her daughter views light/dark skin?

2 comments:

  1. I saw this clip and while it is refreshing to see a child that young see the beauty in African-American skin, her mother does need to teach her to embrace the beauty of her skin color too. I just would hate for her to grow up thinking that there is something wrong and that she has to be "brown". Her mother should instill in her that people come in all shapes sizes and colors and that it is all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could not have said it any better! I agree with you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete