Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

Bald to Waist Length in 4 Years

I found this nice hair chart on google and thought I would share it with you all as a guide to track your rate of hair growth (in inches) as it relates to time (in years). This chart is based on the average hair growth rate of 0.5 inches per month which translates to 6 inches a year. It would take approximately four years for the average woman to grow her hair out from bald to waist length. Of course, this is an approximation because there are several factors that can influence reaching hair milestones including:
  • Hair growth rate (some women experience faster or slower hair growth rates due to genetics)
  • Height (shorter women tend to reach hair goals faster than taller women)
  • Retention (excellent hair care can maximize retention of older ends and lead to faster results while poorer retention (due to breakage) can push back hair goals)
  • Growth aids (some women use these growth aids to speed up hair growth in order to reach milestones quicker)
Hope this chart helps give you an idea of how long (on average) it can take for your hair to reach certain length milestones. My question to you is:

What is your hair goal and about how long you believe it will take to meet your goal?

3 comments:

  1. My hair goal is anywhere past 12 inches. It will take me about two years to reach which is great..only one year left! i just reached my 1 year mark for natural hair on august 1st and my hair is 6 and 3/4 inches long! yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reaching your first natural anniversary! That is an awesome milestone to reach. Your goal is definitely at hand to be reached within the next year. Keep up your progress through healthy hair practices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 20 months natural and am currently around collarbone- APL length, so I can expect myself to be where the 2 year mark is by 24 months, it's pretty accurate. My goal is mid back length, and then maybe waist length! I like to protect my hair with buns

    ReplyDelete