Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

When the Humidity Meets the Twistout

As promised on Facebook (my new page), here are pictures of my twist out and its battle today against the NC humidity. :)

Final moments of my twists

Twist out results. Taking out my twists is usually a 15-20 minute tops process.  I experience no tangles this time around. I believe that making sure each section was detangled right before twisting aided in this easy effort two weeks later.

This twist out set is fluffy and light despite the whipped shea butter I used in my hair as I twisted it.

Ah, I am at a happy place with my hair. Pleased with the soft frizy definition. :)

Playing around and contemplating doing my signature twist out style of pinning back the hair on the right side of my head.
 
Um, where is the sun all of a sudden?

Ahhh, I see the storm clouds rolling in.  The battle is about to start as I prep to go out and about with Zakiah.

Ok. It is my hair versus the humidity outside. Bring it!  Lets see how big this war will get. :)

Right before leaving to go to the Museum.

3 hours later...POOF!!!!

What a difference from the above twistout!

Definitely shorter in length due to shrinkage but I love the way it expanded out.

Big poof hair don't care. I love it anyway!

Here is my blond hair fix. :)
So there we have it folks. Who won? The twistout of course!  I got compliments as my hair got bigger although I had a steam room going on at the back of my head. Whew!  I can't wait to wash my hair this weekend.  I am now thinking about doing a wet twist set and see how long I can work that.  I am starting to think that I should not go any longer than 2 weeks without water on my scalp. I think I can live with twisting my hair twice a month for now as long as they are medium sized and take no more than 4.5 hours tops to complete.

1 comment:

  1. You are one of my hair inspiration...your hair is simply lovely. Thank you for sharing your journey with us :)

    ReplyDelete