Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

Ready to Wash Plus Unofficial Length Check Pictures (Close to WL)


I am jumping for joy about detangling these two large puffs of hair. Can't you tell? LOL. Just for kicks, I went ahead and took some quick unofficial length checks. These are posted on my Facebook page. I am very close to waist length although I feel like my waist length should be an inch lower than what is marked on my shirt (I am 5'8). I am saving the official length check for the end of the month to post on my blog because that would mark the halfway point to my 6 month protective styling challenge. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hello there! Your blog is super cute and well organized. My new fave!

    Looking at your two puffs, I can tell we have the same hair...so here's a question for you. How do you detangle it without losing a handful of hair?

    This may be due to lack of patience when it comes to my hair, but I can't seem to detangle my curly locks without feeling like I left half of my hair in the comb :(

    -ChoKoLatNoir

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for the compliment! It took awhile to get the layout in a way that my blog does not look overwhelming. I am constantly seeking ways to improve on it but I definitely appreciate the support! :)

    Yay, a hair twin! I detangle my hair in 4 sections, and after today, I certainly know why I have been doing it that way for so long (today's detangling session was a disaster...will post soon).

    I detangle from tip to root with my modified denman brush. I am currently using Shea Moisture's Moisture Retention Shampoo so it has enough slip for me to detangle each section with my fingers and then my brush. If my hair is really tangled, I split each section in half and end up with eight smaller sections. Oh, and when I shampoo, I do so in a shingling manner (downward motion along the section of hair) in order to not create any new tangles.

    Following shampooing, I apply my conditioner and detangle with my denman brush to make sure I get as much of the shed hairs and any remaining tangles (seldom at the point) out each section. I use Giovanni's Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner.

    How long is your hair and how often do you detangle? Those two factors play a role in how much shed hair you lose and the illusion of a lot of hair shedding.

    Last thing, make sure the hair you are losing are indeed shed hair. Shed hair has those little white bulbs at the end of the strand. If you do not see the bulbs, then you are experiencing breakage, which is a whole other story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow you on Hairlista as well and I must say that I love your hair!

    http://www.anansah.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. When curly, above my shoulders and when straightened, a little below my bra strap (my hair is super elastic). I usually detangle it every morning in the shower since I can't comb it unless it's wet. I use YES to Carrots Conditioner to detangle it (works pretty well), however, I still have a lot of hair in the comb.

    Ooh, okay, I think it's shedding because the hair in the comb is really long and I do see the white bulbs. Lately I've been keeping my hair in a bun to avoid detangling :/

    ReplyDelete