Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

Quickie Post: The $20 Curly Wig and Infamous Restroom Picture


Sometimes, especially in the summer, I miss my shorter hair.  The best way for me to solve this without whipping out the scissors like I did before 2010 is to put on my cheapie wig. This is actually a half wig I got from the beauty store for $20.

This wig is not hot at all and is a very lightweight. I just blended some of my hairline into the wig. I absolute love the length!


I wanted to capture a picture of my floral top and decided to snap a quick picture in the restroom mirror. I rarely do this especially in the restroom.  Thankfully this was a very clean restroom. Go NCSU! :)
These pictures were taken with my wonderful HTC Thunderbolt. First two pictures edited with the overexposed effect and the last picture edited with the high contrast effect.

5 comments:

  1. very cute! i would've thought these were old pics had you not said it was a halfie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look! I like your edits to the pictures- whatever it was that you said you did. Is it a requirement to post that on blogs? Your phone took some great shots girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might just have to walk on up in the beauty supply store...know that I don't believe in purchasing form the BS store, but I will for this wig!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ebony: Thanks! I do have a few pictures of me rocking a hairstyle similar to this a couple of years ago. I think I did a flat twist twist out to achieve this look. :)

    @Monique: Thank you, girlie! No, it is not a requirement. I just wanted to point out the fact this my phone has some exceptional features on it when it comes to photo editing. WAAAAY more than my BlackBerry.

    @MW: I got it years ago at a local beauty store. It is probably discontinued by now but there are so many current wigs out there with similar styles.

    @LoveNWrite: Girl, I was like that when I first started wearing wigs back when I was transitioning. But with soooo many options, it was hard for me to not become hooked. With years of experience, I know which wigs I like and which ones I don't. Plus I know how to make them look more realistic and not so wiggy. Last but not least, it is a great way to give your hair some protection from extreme outdoor conditions in both summer and winter.

    ReplyDelete