Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

Zakiah's Hairstyle at the Moment

I decided to invest a little more time into styling Zakiah's hair this past Saturday in hope of creating a style that would get us decently through the week.  I don't know how to cornrow (and don't have a desire to learn at all) and did not want to do the connecting twists because she some way some how knows how to pull the twists out at the very bottom thus causing me to basically have to do the entire hairstyle over again every time she does this (not practical).

So I made up in my mind that I would twist her hair into small individual sections. I washed her hair as usual with the Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo (lathers SO well on her hair and makes it easy to detangle) and applied the Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie as a leave-in conditioner for her hair (to eliminate the extra step of rinsing out her hair which she REALLY hates).

On damp hair, I started from the bottom and created an 1 inch row.  I divided that row into 3 sections, secured each section with an ouchless elastic band, and twisted the hair in each section.  For the next row above the previous one, I divided row in a way to create a brick pattern with her parts.  I divided that row into 4 sections and preceded to secure each section and twist.  I continued the same steps into I finished her entire head.  It took 2 hours to complete from washing to completing the hairstyle.

Here are the results of her hair. I tried my best to get some good angles but of course, she is a busy toddler.
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment