Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

Create a Thicker Bun with a Banana Clip

LOL...I look like that black guy off Star Trek aka the Reading Rainbow guy.
I decided that I want to wear my twists in a bun for extra protection this week. Therefore, I pulled out my banana clip, elastic band, and long bobby pin. The banana clip is an excellent tool to help create the illusion of a thicker and fuller bun when wearing twists.

This is how I completed my thick bun in 5 minutes:

I gathered all my twists toward the lower back of my hair and secured them in my banana clip (used a black one):


I took my elastic band and secured it around the end of the ponytail. This helps keep my bun neater without having to use a lot of bobby pins to secure it.


I spritzed my ends with some water and rolled the ends under to create a bun making sure to tuck the ends tight enough to hide the elastic band underneath the bun. I took my long bobby pin to secure the bun in place and voila, the results of my bun:


Hope this helps give you an idea of how to use a banana clip to create a thicker bun!

What are some ways you use to create thicker and fuller buns? Would love to hear them!

Until next time...BE.YOU.Always

1 comment:

  1. Hello there.
    I really like that protective style. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Where did you get your banana clip from?
    Have a blessed week-end!

    ReplyDelete