Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

Feel JUST Like Mousse!

 

I am torn between wearing my wig and wearing my hair out in twists for my 6 month protective styling challenge that is supposed to start in May.  I wore my wig for the entire week and now I have my hair in some twists.  I washed my hair last Saturday but skipped this Saturday because I wanted to dry twist my hair after being stretched by the four box braids I wore underneath my wig this week. I started to put some of the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie on my hair but then I switched back to my trusty leave-in conditioner with the Kinky Curly Knot Today conditioner.  I want to wait to try the Curl Enhancing Smoothie on fresh clean hair instead.

How long did it take for me to complete this set of twists?


It took me about 2.5 hours to complete. During that time, my fiance' and I had a really great conversation so it really passed the time.  The reason for the title of this post is because after I was done twisting, my hair felt light and fluffy like mousse. It is ridiculous! Here is a side profile:



The only thing that is a little annoying with this set of twists is that some of the twists in the top half of my head look untwisted when they are actually twisted:



But other than that, I totally dig this set of twists! Can't you tell?


I don't plan on having these twists in longer than a week. I really want to wash my hair this Saturday to rid my hair of the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque. It is a no-go for me. Review coming soon.

Oh, before I forget...here is the amount of shedding I experienced while finger combing and twisting:
I have not detangled my hair for a week so this is a pretty reasonable amount of shedding (white bulbs) although I probably still have shed hairs on my head, which I will not be able to remove entirely until wash day.  But I wanted a general idea on how much hair I shed this past week. It is always good to keep track from time to time of how much hair your shed to ensure that you are experiencing normal shedding within a certain period of time. An increase in shedding could denote some hormonal influences on the hair follicle and may require professional help if you cannot find the "root" of the problem. I am working on a post discussing the differences between shed hair and broken hair.

Thanks for reading! 

Be blessed and BE.YOU.Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment