Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

April 2011 Length Check: Mid-Back Length!

April 2011
I wished I would have done a length check last March (2010) when I first started my healthy hair journey. I honestly was not even thinking about it plus I did not think to create a length check shirt until that summer when I took this picture:

July 2010
I was about an inch past from APL last July and 9 months later, I am 0.5 inches past MBL. Pictures speak volumes.

How much have I retained in 9 months?

I retained approximately 4 inches of length outside of the 0.5 inch trim I did last August. From this, I can conclude that my hair grows 0.5 inches per month on average. Hopefully, I can get a better idea of how many inches my hair grows per year once I do a length check this July.
Based off my pictures and calculations, my goal of reaching WL by the end of this year is still very much doable since I am about 2.5-3 inches away from WL according to my length check shirt. If I go by the 0.5 inches/month rate, I should be grazing WL by the end of September or October (if I get a 0.5 inch trim this summer).

I do feel like my hair grows a little faster in the summer time so I might reach my goal just a LITTLE bit sooner. How about you? Do you experience faster hair growth in the summer? What is your goal length by the end of the summer based off your average monthly growth rate?

Make sure to take pictures and/or document your progress!

Take care and be blessed!

As usual...

BE.YOU.Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment