Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

Protective Styling With My Twists

So, yeah. I pretty much ended my one year wig challenge about 3 weeks prematurely. Sounds exactly how I ended my transition a month earlier than planned 7 years ago. :) Eh, close enough, right?

The reason why I wanted to wear my natural hair out (in twists) was because my fiance and I took engagement pictures last Saturday and I didn't want to wear my wig for the photo session. My fiance and I first connected through my natural hair and I wanted our pictures to reflect that. I can't wait for the pictures to be edited and sent to my mail. Once I receive them, I will post a few for you all to see.

Here is the photographer's website who took the shots: Robert Filcsik Photography

Anyway, I am still wearing my twists I put in my hair last Thursday. It has almost been a week, and I have not ran water through my hair since then.

It is SOOO HARD. I miss my water on my scalp!

I have been spritzing my hair (especially my ends) with water and applying my leave-in conditioner throughout my twists to keep them soft and moisturized. I am currently in New Jersey for vacay and it is something windy up here (my fiance's parents live near the water). My hair has significantly shrunken in length compared to day one of my twists but I still love how they look. I am hoping to keep them in my hair until Sunday morning where I plan (hopefully) to do a twist out.

Here is how my twists looked last Thursday:


Here is how they look today (almost a week later):
Major shrinkage even though my head was a little more tilted in the first picture. The shrinkage came from all the spritzing I have been doing to keep my ends moisturized. My twists are now a little more plumper in size because of the added moisture.

Here are some other shots of my twists:







I am about 4-5 inches from waist length so I can imagine how much shrinkage I will experience once I reach that milestone. Shrinkage and no shrinkage, I just love my natural hair.

Stay tuned for the twist out results next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment