Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

I am NOT a Product Junkie BUT...

I just could NOT resist the Buy 1 Get 1 Free Shea Moisture deal at Walgreens this week! Yep, here it is in print:


I have always wanted to try this line of organic products but was not sure I wanted to dish out the moola to do so just yet. Shea Moisture is sold at my local Target store for about $10 per item if I can recall. I heard a lot of great reviews particularly about the Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo and knew that it would be one of very FEW products I would like to try next on my WISH list. However, after seeing all these blog posts and YouTube videos about Shea Moisture being B1G1 free this week, I immediately jumped on the deal.


I went to one Walgreens and everything was wiped off the shelves. I was like darn, this is only day 3 of the sale. This stuff must be on point. I talked to the sales associate and she informed me that another truck would not be in until Friday or next week. Not sure how true that statement was but I told her ok.

So I went to another Walgreens up the street. I couldn't find any of the Shea Moisture products in the hair aisle and asked an associate for help. She couldn't find the products either and asked one of the store managers. The store manager directed to this display set up at the end of the cosmetic aisle with only 3 Shea Moisture products left. You have to buy 2 to get the second product free so I just picked up the Moisture Retention Shampoo and the Deep Treatment Masque. I was just happy to actually find something left at the store.

When I got back to my car, I noticed that the shampoo continue has already been opened and that it was gunky at the top. UGH! Instead of going back to the store, I went to another Walgreens to see if they had any products left. They did have a FEW items left so I picked up 2 bottles of the Moisture Retention Shampoo, a container of the Deep Treatment Masque, and a bottle of the Hold and Shine Moisture Mist. I brought to attention to the sales associate at this Walgreens about the products I bought at the previous store and wanted to know if I could just return the products to the current store. The lovely associate said sure and got her manager so he could just swap out the old products for the new ones. What a great and pleasant experience!

So I got 4 products for $20 plus tax...not a bad deal in my book! I am excited to try the shampoo and deep treatment masque this weekend. I will post my reviews about the products in due time. Hopefully I can grab some of the restorative conditioner this week IF they restock any more of the product.



No, I am NOT a Product Junkie! :)

Here is the website to learn more about this line of products: http://www.sheamoisture.com

BE.YOU.Always!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm excited to see how it works for you - even though we can't get them over here :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the products work out! I have been hearing mixed reviews about the masque so I am unsure about how the masque will turn out. Why can't you get the products were you are? Outside the US?

    ReplyDelete