Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

Banding Zakiah's Hair in Prep for Cornrow Attempt #4

Last night, I decided that I will attempt my 4th try at cornrowing Zakiah's hair today and therefore, washed her hair in four sections using Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo and conditioned it with the Shea Moisture Curl Milk (as a leave-in). Instead of leaving her hair soaking wet when I applied the conditioner, I used a t-shirt to dab the excess water out of her hair. That way, her hair *hopefully* would not take as long to air dry overnight in prep for her cornrowing session today. After applying the leave-in, I gently detangled her hair using my modified Goody's denman brush from tip to root. I then banded her hair in the four sections using the Goody's Ouchless Elastics as a way to stretch her hair without heat. Here is a close up picture demonstrating exactly what I mean by banding:




Hopefully when she gets up, her hair will be for the most part dry and nicely stretched/detangled. I will post an update on how stretched her hair has gotten from the overnight banding.

No comments:

Post a Comment