Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

9 More Pounds to Go Until

...until I reach my pre-pregnancy weight. Yes, over two years after Zakiah, I am still dealing with losing my so called "baby weight" (yada yada). Before I got pregnant, I was a lovely 143 on a 5'8 frame. Right before I had Zakiah in 2009, I was at least 200 pounds with my Ob-gyn (a male) welcoming me to the "big girls club" and complimenting on my Flintstone feet. ::side eye:: O_o Now, I am 152 (well, at least I have been for the past 4 days). Here are the before and after shots (click on images for a larger view):


And no. My thighs were not THAT big in the before picture. I was wearing one of Josh's scrubs. And no. Zakiah was not this world record baby of 10+ pounds. She was a perfect 6 pounds 13 ounces of sweet joy. My greedy behind just ate way too much taco bell. ::vomits in mouth::

I am satisfied with my current size although I would love to tone up my pooch, upper thighs, and bum. I believe once I work on those areas through weight training, the excess weight will fall right off right in time for my honeymoon because I desire to present my babe with my pre-pregnancy figure once again. ::wink::

Fall 2008

2 comments:

  1. So, I don't have a child to say this is why I...but I do have 3 animals!! LOL. I too would love to get back to being fit and fabulous. For so long I never thought oh it'll be hard to get back to having a 6-pack and toned and rock hard thighs!! But boy, oh boy!! I'm just unmotivated, simply put! One minute I'm working out real hard and then in the next minute...hmmm this is a really good movie and these chips are so good!!

    Good luck with toning back up, may you have more success than I have had these last two weeks!! rolls eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have dreams of reaching my pre-pregnancy weight again too, so I hear you on this one. My youngest is four, however, so I'm a bit behind schedule! No worries. Like so many things, you just have to make a decision and commit. I can do that!

    Have fun with the weight training!

    ReplyDelete