Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

Who is Ready for a Challenge?

Hi ladies!

On Sunday, I will be starting my 6 month protective styling challenge to help get me closer to WL this winter. Some of the ladies have personally informed me that they are interested in joining this challenge with me. This really excite me because I was pretty much on my own during my 1 year wig challenge this past year and sometimes it got hard. So I figured I would ask to see if any of you are interested in joining the challenge with me. And even if you are not interested, I would love if you could come and support me in this challenge. Unlike the last challenge where I pretty much wore a wig the entire year, this one will have some flexibility in styling, which I really like since I know first hand how wearing wigs all the time can get boring.

Here are the results of my 1 year challenge in case you did not see my post about it. I retained at least 6 inches from this challenge and know first hand that protective styling is ONE method to retaining length:


In 6 months, I hope to retain at least 3 inches of length, which is approximately equaled to this:

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

3 inches can get you from one hair length milestone to the next milestone (or at least close to it). So if you are interested in a challenge or cheering me on, then please leave a comment stating:

"I'm READY!"

And if you aren't ready, feel free to just say:

"GO Girl!"

I plan to do weekly/bi-weekly check ups on my blog to track progress, thoughts, frustrations, and etc. :)

Can't wait to see your responses!

3 comments:

  1. Go girl! ^_^ Looking forward to seeing your progress (though I'm too lazy to join another challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready... Can't wait to see whats going to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @NaturalMane, Thanks for joining! It is going to be quite a journey but it is all for the best (growth)! Tomorrow is the day! I will be posting tomorrow with my starting length. :)

    @A Simple Thing, That is fine! I will be doing a No Heat Summer Challenge in addition to this one so it shouldn't be too bad. And it is good to be lazy as long as the hair is being taken care of! :) Thanks for cheering me on. :)

    ReplyDelete