Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

Getting PERSONAL! (LONG)

I know I have been blogging mainly about my hair journey since I started my blog but when all is said and done, my hair is not going to get me through my most difficult times in life. But isolating myself and keeping my struggles to myself is not going to help me get through either. So here is to me (the introvert) being more open...



Right now, I am juggling with so much just like the next person. I am an engineering graduate student who constantly feel like giving up, a mother of a very busy toddler who is about to head into those terrible twos, a fiancee' to a guy who is just as busy with school and work, an inspiring bride to be who has NO idea when exactly she will have the time to fully plan out her wedding, a frustrated job seeker who just want to get her foot into the medical device/pharmaceutical industry to start her career, a blogger/vlogger who wants to continue to inspire her readers through her journey, and most importantly, a Christian of 5 years who is still struggling with the concept of faith and feeling worthy of God's love. 

Sometimes, we can look at someone from the outside and truly believe that THAT person has it all together.  Or we can desire to be like someone or have something that someone has without really knowing what all that person had to go through to get to a certain place in life or receive an awesome blessing.  I don't ever want someone to look at me that way because I CERTAINLY don't have it all together even with longer hair...lol.  And even when I do have things together, it is only because of God's grace and mercy. Praise HIM!

Several ladies have mentioned how they can see Christ in me and see my positive attitude.  I think, "Wow, really?!", mainly because I am going through some hard times right now.  I was truly humbled by those statements especially since they were based off of not knowing me personally and based on what they can see from my video and read from my blog. As you go through my blog, I don't want you to see me as another natural hair guru/expert (far from it!) or even a big headed one at that (because there are those out there but I don't knock their hustle).  I would like for you to see me as an individual who is growing not only in her hair journey, but most importantly growing as a beautiful and unique individual in her spiritual and life journey.  I want to be as humble as I can as I share what I have learned through my experiences whether it be about hair or in life because in the end, all good things come from above and He should ALWAYS get the glory especially since I do not even deserve to be here today to share this with you.

Don't think I am going to start preaching on my blog...hehe.  But I will share some spiritual points that I want to keep note of that may help me grow as a Christian and hopefully be of some help to someone else.  What profit is for me to hog my spiritual discoveries to myself and not share it with you all?  I sure do not want God to act the same way toward me! In addition, I want to be able to be open and learn from experiences that some of you have gone through that may help me get through some of my rough patches.  Even biblical verses that you believe that can help encourage me would be awesome! 

I hope I do not turn any readers off by introducing a more personal and spiritual aspect of my life on my blog. I mean, the title of my blog is This BEadifully YOUnique Woman (not Hair).  But if I do, I apologize in advance and hope that you continue to read my posts pertaining to my hair journey because I will continue to do so on a regular basis. 

Ok, enough babbling on.  This past Sunday, my preacher talked about declaring WAR against the devil.  The catch phrase was

1-2-3-4 I-DE-CLARE-WAR!

This is on repeat in my head as I work on this graduate work.  Keep me in prayer and remember to BE.YOU.Always! :)

Kristal

6 comments:

  1. I know where you are coming from... I am an Electrical Engineer. After many long years I will be finishing up graduate school this Summer!!!! Even though things seem difficult at this moment keep moving. The greatest trick the devil has is making people think a "temporary" situation will last forever. That is how he gets them to give up, thinking it will always be like this, but in reality it will not be. The only difference in people that are successful and those that are not is the ones that are successful keep moving!.....I wish you well in school, being a mother, being a wife, blogger and anything else your heart desires...Remember there is nothing we can do or not do in order to receive God's love. HE loves us just because we are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what NaturalMane said! It is so easy sometimes to wish for what others have...Their lives can seem so perfect. Do you know that your life seems perfect to someone else? Just the fact that you are an American citizen seems like a perfection to so many struggling across the world! I am sure that every single person in this world can find someone and say, I wish I could have what they have, or be like them etc. etc. And those very same people have worries and troubles too...

    This world is filled with worries, heartache and troubles...But I believe the reason for that is so that we could keep our eyes on the prize and remember why we are TRULY here on earth.

    Your struggles are not unique...they are what they are...But a our Great God is watching over you, loving you, and caring for you each and every step of the way. Continue to keep your eyes on the prize...HEAVEN!

    I know you, and I see God in your everyday! You have something special inside of you, so beautiful...I always say, never let your mistakes define you...They are not what makes you, YOU. Neither are your struggles...It's just part of life that we all have to go through.

    Everyone faces different struggles, at different times in their lives...But God gave us each other to help us through! Love you sister girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for your insights!

    @NaturalMane, you go girl! I am too happy for you. Thank you for bringing me back to my senses and reassuring me that my situation is not unique. The devil has definitely been using that trick on me thinking that I will be down in the valley for a very long time and that my mountaintop experience is out of my reach. I truly appreciate you emphasizing the point that those who keep it moving are the successful ones. Those who just sit there and wallow in their woes end up losing in life. I have been at that point several times and I know from experience that you will lose out. I need to keep in mind that when the devil is attacking hard, that means God is up to something terrifically amazing in my life and the devil does not want me to get it. Thank you for your best wishes and definitely the same to you!!! :)

    @Monique, you made me tear up especially when you said that you see God in me. Some days I feel like I have stifled God so much through all my doubts, fears, lack of trust, and etc especially over the past 3 years that I lose site of the beautiful person He has designed for me to be. I struggle still with not allowing my downfalls to define who I am. The devil is truly working nerves telling me that I have fallen away too far to get back on track. I struggle with the concept of things not going as I have always planned for them compared to what God has already planned for in my life based on His Will. But as I study more, I realize when looking back over the last three years that God has come through for me in ways I would have never imagined, ways I would have never thought of, ways that exceeded what I was hoping for. Now I am realizing that God is in process of answering a prayer I made YEARS ago--to become a stronger person. Thank you for seeing something inside of me, seeing God inside of me, when I am sometimes blinded in the midst of my struggles. You truly encourage me. Your spirituality inspires me. God knew I needed you in my life. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Monique. I meant **lost sight** although I am sure you knew what I meant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They aren't problems they are blessings ...I look at that as acheivments ..you have a son a fiancee a future and something to believe in... reasons to wake up in the morning face it with a smile and if you stress cry it out but writing out all those blessings in disguise as negatives doesn't solve you a positive direction to continue in. Your beautiful and so is your life remind yourself of that please.

    ReplyDelete