Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

My First Flexi Rod Twist Out Set (Picture Heavy)

My parents surprisingly traveled up to visit moi so I have not had the chance to finish editing the tuck and roll and the flexi rod twist out set video tutorials. I am hoping to finish these by the end of the week. Nevertheless, I could not leave you all hanging in suspense! I took plenty of pictures of the flexi rod twist out set I said I was going to do in a previous post. This was my first attempt and I am very satisfied with the results!

Here is my hair after removing the tuck and roll style:

I forgot to take a picture of me with my flexi rods but you will be able to see those in my upcoming tutorial. I used smaller rods in the back of my head and increased the size of the rods as I moved up my head using only my leave-in conditioner on damp (not wet) twists.  I used one rod for every 3-4 twists. Here is me after putting in the rods and fitting them underneath my bonnet. It was very comfortable sleeping on the rods:


I did the set Friday night. It was very windy and rainy most of Saturday so I just kept the rods in until that evening when the storm had subsided and my daughter wanted to stroll around outside. I didn't separate the curls or anything since I was only going right outside to walk around with my daughter. Here are my curls right after removing the rods:


I slept with a bonnet over my curls and was so excited to see the results of this flexi rod set the next morning...


Here is the next morning before Church. I simply separated the curls. I applied coconut oil on my hands and fingers as I did the separation process to help prevent extra frizziness:




After separating the curls, I added more coconut oil to my hands and proceeded to separating each individual twist as I would for a regular twist out. Here are the final results of my first ever flexi rod twist out set:




I am VERY happy! A curly style to help prolong my twists that did not require any heat at all! In love...

This was several hours later after Church. I wanted to show the volume of the curls in better lighting:





I will see how long this set will last.  Last night, I did the pineapple method with my curls and this is the results this morning:



I will post various styles I do on this flexi rod twist set in the upcoming days. I will spritz it with my Shea Moisture Hold and Shine Moisture Mist as needed everyday. So stay tuned for updates!

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a very blessed Monday!

Take care and BE.YOU.Always!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks so cute! How did you get your hair to come back down after doing the pineapple method?

    ReplyDelete