Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

Over THREE (3) FEET of Hair????

I sat down and thought about how long my hair could have been if I took proper care of it from the very first moment I put those scissors down after chopping off all my relaxed hair 7 years ago.

My hair grows on average 6 inches a year (0.5 inches a month). So 6 inches times 7 years would equal to

42 inches of hair (3.5 feet of hair)

Crazy right?! That comes to around mid-thigh on me.

My longest strand on my head is around 18 inches. That means that about 2 feet of my hair has either been cut or broken off my head in 7 years.

That is even crazier!

Granted, I don't want 42 inches of hair on my head, that would be WAY too much hair for me to manage. But it is just amazing how much hair I could have had if I kept it healthy, wasn't scissor happy at times through the years, and never had damaged ends.

Well I thought I was just share this with you as I celebrate 7 years of being natural. On to year number 8 and 6 inches of HEALTHY hair growth and retention! :)

2 comments: