Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

Safety Drill Practice



Our After School Routine:

I rush to the car.
Drive to the school.
Park car.
Walk to front of the school.
Pick Z up from the carpool line (because it is waaaay quicker than waiting in that long carpool line).
Z says goodbye to her teacher and "boyfriend" (another story).
Z tackles me with her biggest hug (Lord, help me to cherish these precious moments even more).
We hold hands.
She tells me about her day as we walk back to the car.

Yesterday, she excitedly tells me that her school practiced three drills that day: tornado, fire, and lockdown. It's amazing how our minds are wired because instantly my mind flashed back to Sandy Hook. As she was sharing the details of each drill, I slightly tuned her out in the midst of my overwhelming thoughts...


Read more at: Beautifully Curled: safety drill practice

3 comments:

  1. This is very cute :)

    Regarding the last portion -The best thing we can do is PRAY for the God to protect our children. The world is so full of evil. Only He can keep our babies in the palm of His hand!

    God bless- Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Kendra! The world is so full of evil. The devil is so busy but my hope leans on the fact that God is still in control. Prayer is very powerful and it a great practice for both adults and kids to partake in daily. It is the avenue to communicate to God and pour out thanksgiving and supplication. He is surely the only one who can keep our little ones...such comfort and peace in that. Thank you so much for sharing, Kendra! You have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blonde and delicate,my hair is not totally natural, and my hair goal is probably 14 inches. Right now it is 10 inches, Ive been taking hair vitamins and treating my hair with kindness. Ive gone from washing my hair every day to every 3rd day, so im only losing about 20 hairs with each wash,which is improvement for me. I think I will reach my goal in about 6 months because of trims,which I do myself because I just dont trust a stylist to not cut more than needed. After my goals is reached i will go for a trim. And keep my hair at that lenght until it gets healthier and healthier,then maybe go for a little more lenght. But at most ai would not want more lenght than maybe 18 inches.

    ReplyDelete