- has cut TWO teeth. One on the 22nd and another on the 24th of December. I guess we can say that she got her two front teeth for Christmas (along with a whole lot of toys and clothes!)
- can say baba, mumu, and dada.
- can scoot back and roll around like a champ.
- can rock back and forth on all fours (hands and knees).
- is trying BADLY to crawl. She has the leg coordination down pat but is still trying to figure out how to move her arms forward. She has lunged forward a few times but I think it is by accident and by conscious.
- can hold a squeal for a long time when very excited.
- is not very ticklish (or at least not to the point where it makes her giggle)
- can get from her tummy to a sitting position and vice versa.
- can stand on her own while holding on to an object (like a foot stool).
- weighed 16 pounds and 15 ounces at her 6th month appointment (12/28)
- measured out to 25.75 inches.
- is eating oatmeal, bananas, and butternut squash as of today.
- managed ONCE to suck a little bit of dark chocolate through the candy foil wrapper while no one was looking. She is sneaky!
- still has a funky hair style. Her hair is definitely growing but has super long hair patches at the peak of her head and at the back. Her hair grade is a mix: straight on the top of her head and curly at the sides and back.
- is now pooping some really stinky poo. So long to the mild smelling liquid mustard poo. It was nice knowing you.
- is VERY gassy.
- LOVES playing with her toys.
- still sleeps through the night for the most part. On most occasions, she can put herself back to sleep if she wakes up crying. She still wakes up around 5am for some reason. I think it is out of habit but like I mentioned, she can put herself back to sleep after a few minutes of fussing.
- still takes 2-3 naps daily.
- is still being breastfed.
- razzes like crazy!
- babbles a lot when she gets tired.
- only cries when she is VERY tired or wants to get out the carseat.
- found her thumb but not for sucking. She likes to use it like a teether.
- has one of the prettiest smiles!
- loves to scratch mommy while breastfeeding. She also loves to reach out for my face while breastfeeding.
- wears size 3 pampers overnight and squeezes into size 2 diapers during the day. She goes through about 5-6 diapers a day.
- is still called by the name baby boo or bookie.
- is really starting to look more like Josh (in my opinion).
- likes to bounce up and down while in my arms. She is such a strong little girl.
- doesn't like to sit on mommy's lap for too long these days. She much rather be on the floor playing on her own.
- wears size 6 and 9 month clothing.
- has never worn a pair of baby shoes so far. She wears knitted stockings and socks when we go out.
- loves her bath!!! Tried skipping her bath one night and wouldn't settle to sleep until we got her up and gave her a bath. It is a must clearly!
- is very much loved by those around her!
Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris
Zakiah's 6th Month Highlights
Posted on 12/30/2009