Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

She is Fully Back in the Swaddle

So last week, I said I was going to start weaning Zakiah from the swaddle little by little. Ha! Was that a joke! I think a big part of her waking herself back up is that she is outgrowing the bassinet. I don't know how much she weighs now but at her 2 month check up, she was over 11.5 pounds. She has to be at least 13 pounds now and her bassinet only goes up to 15 pounds. I tried for two nights to put her on her tummy to sleep but I don't think that would be wise in helping her transition from the bassinet to her crib later on this month. I think I will keep her swaddled until she is comfortable in her crib and then I will restart the weaning process.

She is getting stronger though. I did a youtube search on swaddling techniques and there are some awesome techniques out there. I currently have Zakiah double swaddled to help keep her hands inside the swaddle. So far, so good. We will see...

The Ultra Swaddle (so cute...and she is good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment