Hi There!

Welcome to my blog! This space has been used over the past several years to document mainly my natural hair journey and several different aspects of my life such as spiritual matters, my jewelry design, and parenting. I will from time to time post on this blog but my newly revamped blog can be found at BeautifullyCurled.com. Here you will find much recent updates about my hair journey along with my daughter's and so much more. Hope you will come by and visit and thanks for stopping by this blog. Be blessed. -Kris

Last night was a Disaster!

LOL...Lesson Learned: Never put Z down for a catnap later than 6pm. Otherwise, she will NOT be tired enough to go to bed at 8:30. Lord, it took me over an hour after putting her down to bed to get her to fall asleep just for her to wake up again after a few minutes. I was starving and had to really use the restroom. I looked at Josh and told him that he can try putting her down to rest. After about 15 minutes, Josh came out of her room and she was asleep for a few hours.

I also feel like baths are a little too stimulating for her. She gets excited and likes to splash in the water with her feet. She loves drying off for she gets all giddy. I am going to have to see if bathing her at 7 will help her settle better for bed. Ha, it is very much trial and error with her routine.

Today, I decided to put her into her bassinet VERY much awake but tired and not do any patting or shushing to help her off to sleep period. I know yesterday I pretty much did away with the patting unless she was really fussy and just shushed for a little bit until she was getting heavy eyed. Today, no shushing. I just put her in bed and stood next to her bassinet out of her sight. Two out of her three naps, she was asleep all by herself within 5 minutes. Her second nap of the day, she was real fussy...I don't know what was going on there. When putting her down to sleep for the night, she was fussy for a minute, but all was quiet after that. Ah, this sleep thing is getting better and better. Hopefully things won't regress too much. I know a lot is ahead of us such as teething and reaching milestones. But we will take it one day at a time.

Once she has gotten a good grasp of falling asleep on her own for a few days, I am going to work on transitioning her from a 3 hr feeding routine to a 3.5 hr routine. I am wondering if her being on a 3 hr routine is causing her to wake up more especially after 40 minutes of sleeping. I don't know yet but will be lurking around the babywhisperer forums to see how to proceed with this. Also, at her 4 month appointment, I am going to see if she would be ready to transition to solids (or rice cereal) and a 4 hr feeding routine.

I haven't posted a pic in a little while. Here is her tonight. She just LOVES those fingers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment