Earlier this week, I made some whipped shea butter (will post the deets soon) and wanted to see how effective it would be on sealing moisture inside my hair. I knew I was going to clarify my hair this week so thought it would be a perfect time to go ahead and test the shea butter on my hair. Since the whipped recipe contained all the oils I normally used on my hair when I make my leave-in, I figured the addition of shea butter would provide extra sealing capabilities and hold moisture in longer. I must admit, it does keep moisture in a little longer than just using my leave-in recipe. HOWEVER, I do NOT like the heaviness of the shea butter on my hair even in its whipped state. I drenched my braids in water and applied the whipped shea butter over my damp hair. Once I was done, my hair felt weighed down and heavy. Maybe I could have used a little less on each section but with the addition of all the other oils in the recipe, I just felt greasy. I was not comfortable with the idea of having greasy weighed down hair underneath my wig. So I only did one application of the whipped shea butter on my hair before deciding to go ahead and clarify my hair last night (I was glad!).
My conclusion: The whipped shea butter might be better for stretching out the hair for stretched hairstyles. I might try it again for that particular purpose but until I do, I will be using for the skin for now. It makes my skin and Z's silky smooth! :)
Why dont you try silica powder and rice powder, it supposed to help with the glide and reduce oily-ness? pearl white micah poeder powder is suppose to help with the luster also. Look at this video:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRXMJSpiYUs
hth!